Albitsia (Latin: Albizia) is a genus of tropical trees and shrubs of the legume family (Fabaceae), a subfamily of the Mimozov family. The plants are characterized by spherical inflorescences, the flowers of which have very long stamens.
Albicia Lebbeck (Latin: Albizia lebbeck) is a species of Albicia native to the Indomalai zone, New Guinea and Northern Australia, and is also widely cultivated in other tropical and subtropical regions.
Other names: mimosa lebbek (mimosa lebbeck), width (shirisha), female tongue (woman’s tongue), bhandi (bhandi), etc.
Albition Lebbeck is a tree that grows 18-30 m tall with a trunk with a diameter of 50 cm to 1 m.
The leaves are pinnate, 7.5-15 cm long, with one to four pairs of thorns, each of which has 6-18 leaves.
The flowers are white, with numerous stamens 2.5-3.8 cm and very fragrant.
The fruit is a pod 15-30 cm long and 2.5-5.0 cm wide, containing from six to twelve seeds.
The composition of albitsia contains the following components:
- tannins and pseudotannins;
- crystalline calcium;
- oleanolic acid;
- echinocystic acid.
The leaves contain myricitrin, kempferol, flavone vicenin.
Albition Lebbeck is one of the main plants in Ayurvedic science. It is a natural “tonic” with pronounced antiseptic, astringent, expectorant, antipyretic, anthelmintic, analgesic, wound healing, cooling and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lebbeck is used to remove toxins from the body, purify blood, treat bronchitis and colds, diabetes, cancer, allergic manifestations and all kinds of skin ailments. In addition, its effective action is known to tone the skin and get rid of stretch marks.
For medical purposes, it is possible to use all parts of the plant – the stem, leaves, flowers, bark and seeds. The range of their application is very wide. As part of therapeutic agents, they provide:
- detoxification of the body;
- manifestation of its anti-carcinogenic properties;
- help with food poisoning;
- improved metabolism;
- decrease in blood sugar in diabetics;
- treatment of skin diseases (ulcers, leprosy) – it is recommended to use decoctions and powders based on leaves, seeds and bark of albicia Lebbeck;
- increased sexual energy, elimination of sexual problems (the plant is a powerful aphrodisiac);
- relief of patients with bronchitis, colds, tuberculosis, chronic cough;
- help with bites of snakes and scorpions;
- treatment of inflammatory lesions of the organs of vision, night blindness;
- blood purification;
- help with neuralgia, epilepsy;
- elimination of diarrhea;
- strengthening the gums and preventing tooth loss.
Also, Albizia Lebbeck is actively used as an anthelmintic, analgesic, analgesic and anti-allergic agent. This plant may have a contraceptive effect. It is non-toxic, but large doses can cause vomiting.
Included in Someshwari Ultra.