Insidious heat stroke
Dogs are less resistant to overheating than humans, because in the process of evolution this was not an objective necessity. Therefore, the creation of “human conditions” in the heat: walking in the hot weather, keeping close to yourself on a hot beach, leaving a closed car in the cabin – can lead to fatal consequences.
There is enough information on how to protect yourself and your pets in hot weather on the Internet. But every summer we very often encounter indiscretion of animal owners, a frivolous attitude or misunderstanding of what is happening in the body under conditions of heat stress.
- There are four degrees of overheating of the body from the so-called “sustainable adaptation” to the direct picture of heat stroke.
- Relatively safe is only the first degree – the compensation stage, which can be short-term and invisible
- Adaptation mechanisms wear out quickly through general thermal overload, and the development of pathophysiological processes at the cellular level begins, which can be irreversible with untimely help – unfortunately, a very large percentage of cases are recorded when, after being “pulled out” from a heat stroke, the animal died anyway after a couple of days
- Disruption of thermoregulation mechanisms and an intense increase in body temperature lead to progressive intoxication, heart failure, respiratory arrest
The first to protect against adverse environmental conditions are the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, the functionality of which determines the supply of oxygen to the body at the proper level.
Under conditions of high temperature, oxygen and blood oxygen deficiency (hypoxemia and hypoxia) cause a disorder of thermoregulation mechanisms (violation of oxidation and phosphorylation processes), heat accumulation in the body, and multiple organ failure, which ultimately manifests itself in the form of heat stroke.
The ability of the heart to increase the minute volume of blood, the adequate response of the circulatory system to an increase in external temperature are the main criteria for maintaining the oxygen-transport capabilities of the cardiovascular system and delaying the development of pathological changes in extreme conditions.
Cardiotonics, which increase the strength of heart contractions, as a result of which there is an increase in stroke volume and cardiac output, are most often used for ambulance and short-term maintenance of cardiac activity. In order to prevent and enhance the functionality of a vital system, as well as in chronic processes, the basic principle of pharmacotherapy is to create the most optimal conditions for the work of the heart. This is achieved through the use of cardioprotectors and phytoadaptogenes, which eliminate myocardial dysfunction and prevent its irreversible damage.
The best in enhancing the functional capabilities of the heart are herbal preparations. Unlike synthetic drugs, they act gently and gradually, which allows them to be used for a relatively long time, for prevention and as part of complex therapy, in old age, with exhaustion, especially when there are concomitant diseases of the liver, kidneys, etc.
The main component of the СARDI VET phytocomplex is Terminalia arjuna, which has long been called the “guardian of the heart.” Arjuna bark extract improves left ventricular function, reflex bradycardia, heart rate, which leads to normalization of pressure, supports the physiological function of the endothelium, and also contributes to the regression of cardiac hypertrophy and reduces fibrosis. Triterpene saponins, flavonoids, phytosterols, tannins, vitamins C and E, calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, and an important coenzyme ubiquinone were found in Arjuna’s crust. The latter is able to increase the synthesis of energy in the heart, the rate of oxygen consumption by cells and has antioxidative functions, that is, it protects the body from oxidative stress.
Arjuna has tonic, astringent, wound healing, antiseptic, cooling properties. It helps to lower triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood, helps prevent deposits of low density lipoproteins (LDL) on the walls of blood vessels, and this is an important application to prevent the development of coronary heart disease.
The unique formula of СARDI VET phytocomplexes, in addition to the direct normalization of the cardiovascular system, has a positive effect on other organs and systems whose pathophysiological processes create an additional burden on the heart.
CARDI VET contributes to:
- blood purification and stabilization of its physical properties, normalization of the coagulation process
- restoring the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels
- accelerated elimination of toxins from the body
- improve digestion and liver function
- normalization of the respiratory and nervous systems
- improve metabolism
- increase the protective functions of the body.
CARDI VET as a cardiotonic and cardioprotector must be used:
- to improve heart function
- during hot weather to prevent the effects of heat and sunstroke
- dogs whose breeds are susceptible to heart disease (miniature poodles, cocker spaniels, spitz, schnauzers, Dobermans, boxers, giant breeds)
- animals during (before or after) stressful situations
- when restoring the body after severe infectious or parasitic diseases (dirofilariasis)
- as a prophylactic for animals over 8 years old