Haritaki, Terminalia chebula, Mirobalan chebula, Arura (lat. Terminalia chebula) – family Combrés – Combretaceae. Belongs to one of the mirobalans – a group of trees growing in the Himalayas. Fruits are rounded in shape, resembling green olives when ripe, divided into 6 segments.
Khebula terminalia is a deciduous tree growing up to 25 m with a characteristic, horizontally spreading crown. Large trunk, outer bark and trunk color, like walnut. The crown is densely leafy.
The leaves are large, obovate, hard, dark green. During the dry season, they turn copper red, brown, and then fall off. With the start of the wet season, new, green leaves appear.
The flowers are small, greenish-white, with an unpleasant odor, collected in elongated spike-shaped inflorescences.
The fruits are almond-shaped, first green, then brown.
The fruits of the terminalia are edible and taste like almonds.
It blooms in August-September and bears fruit in November-December.
It grows in deciduous forests, on dry slopes and in various parts of Asia (India, Nepal, Burma, China and Bangladesh).
For medical purposes, use bark, leaves and fruits.
Leaf extract is used in the cosmetic industry. As part of creams, it improves metabolic processes in the skin, promotes the production of elastin and collagen, increases skin tone and elasticity, and slows down the process of premature aging.
The chemical composition of Kebula Terminalia: tannins, hebulinic acid, gallic acid, resins, anthraquinone, sennoside, chebulin, palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, arachidonic acid, behenic acid.
The plant has an exceptionally high (up to 45%) tannin content. It also contains a large number of amino acids and has up to 40% of the mass fraction of fatty oils.
Kebula terminalium has natural strong antioxidant and immunomodulatory properties, cardiotonic activity, has an antibacterial effect, and an antiatherosclerotic effect. According to scientific studies, eating haritaki lowers cholesterol.
It is widely used in Indian, Tibetan and Korean medicine in its pure form and as part of complex complexes.
The healing properties of Haritaki are used in the following cases:
- as a general tonic, antioxidant and anti-aging agent for the whole organism, strengthens the immune system, normalizes the activity of the whole organism, eliminates disturbances in its work, improves the perception of all five senses;
- to improve brain function, strengthen memory, increase learning ability, intelligence;
- to tone the nervous system, with nervous disorders, relieves fatigue, stress, depression;
- to cleanse the body of toxins and toxins;
- with heat, fever, asthma, tuberculosis, cough, hoarseness, as an expectorant, improves voice;
- with digestive disorders, to improve digestion and assimilation of food, stimulates appetite;
- as a mild laxative, it regulates bowel functions, helps maintain regular stools and ensures smooth cleansing, depending on the dosage it helps both with constipation and diarrhea (sinosides contained in haritaki treat constipation, tannins treat diarrhea, in the first case a large dose is taken plants, in the second – small);
- with intestinal infections, as an anthelmintic;
- with diseases of the stomach, bloating, as carminative, with hemorrhoids;
- to improve blood circulation and strengthen blood vessels;
- as an antitumor agent and as a prophylaxis of cancer;
- with hepatitis, it normalizes the function of the liver, due to the high content of hebulinic acid, which removes toxins from the liver;
- with gallstone disease;
- with phimbromiomas and uterine bleeding;
- to improve vision, gives visual acuity, with conjunctivitis, with inflammation, which helps with blindness;
- as a means of healing and prolonging ulcers of mucous membranes due to strong astringent properties;
- as a means to maintain optimal weight (helps neutralize heavy and fatty foods);
- to lower blood cholesterol;
- gargling (usually with cold water to enhance astringent properties), eliminates bacteria, germs, heals wounds and ulcers;
- for the treatment of skin diseases, fungal infections;
- as an excellent prophylactic that prevents many diseases;
- as an aphrodisiac, tones the uterus, eliminates many genital infections;
- as a hemostatic agent;
- with diseases of the heart and spleen;
- with increased acidity;
- to reduce high blood pressure;
- to strengthen the gums, stops bleeding;
- with vomiting, nausea, hiccups;
- with hemorrhoids.
It is part of Purin ultra, Midona ultra, Reumaker ultra, Suhasini ultra, Safaya ultra, Acinorm ultra, Amiripash ultra.