Bibhitaki or Terminalia bellerica (Latin: Terminalia bellirica) is a plant of the family Combretaceae.
The terminalia bellerica is a large, colorful tree, 20-30 m high, found everywhere in the forests of India, Sri Lanka, and also Southeast Asia, up to a height of 1200 m.
The bark is thick, brownish-gray, the leaves are grouped at the ends of the branches, the flowers are pale green-yellow, with a pungent odor, the fruits are gray, with one core inside.
Bibhitaki usually lands along roads in large cities.
Belongs to mirobalans – a group of plants growing in the Himalayas, known for their antioxidant, anti-aging properties and having fruits similar to plums or acorns (Greek myron – fragrant oil, balanos – acorn).
Bibhitaki from ancient times is used in Ayurveda and is mentioned in ancient Ayurvedic treatises. Included in the “golden row” of Ayurveda. “Bibhitaki” means “intimidating,” because the disease immediately recedes before its healing power.
Bibhitaki is a well-known elixir of youth, which has a pronounced antioxidant and anti-aging effect, as well as a plant that removes excess mucus from the bronchi, eliminates stagnation in the biliary system and pelvic organs, dissolves kidney stones and gall bladder and cleanses the intestines and body as a whole from toxins and toxins.
Ayurveda uses all parts of the tree, most of all the fruits and bark.
According to Ayurveda, the fruits of Terminalia Belleric have astringent, sour and sweet tastes, a sweet aftertaste. The action is dry, light, warming. The terminalium fiction has a beneficial effect on all body tissues, but it has a particularly beneficial effect on kapha dosha.
The kernel is usually removed from the bibhitaka fruits before their use, since it has a narcotic effect. However, it is used as an analgesic in the treatment of inflammation and to eliminate pain externally, inside it is taken with caution, with vomiting, bronchitis and colic.
Bibhitaki contains triterpenoids, including belleric acid, sitosterol, saponins, bellericoside and bellericanin, as well as polyphenols (gallic, ellagic acid, philembine, etc.), lignans (termilignan, tannilignan, flavan, anolignan B) and yellow. Bibhitaki fruits are very rich in gallotannic acid and phytosteroid.
Bibhitaki has antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, antioxidant, tonic, expectorant, laxative, anthelmintic, analgesic, antifungal properties.
The healing properties of the Terminals bellerica:
- to rejuvenate the whole body, strengthen immunity, neutralize negative effects on the body, normalize all its activities, gives vitality, restores after a serious illness and stress, with immunodeficiency;
- with diseases of the respiratory tract, asthma, bronchitis, catarrh, laryngitis, cough (often taken with honey, ghee (ghee), pepper, ginger, milk);
- for sore throats, significantly improves the condition of the throat, as well as the timbre of the voice, eliminates hoarseness (often taken with honey, rinses with honey are also recommended);
- to improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, cleanses the intestines, increases its tone, as a laxative, as well as with chronic diarrhea;
- as a means of cleansing the body of toxins and toxins;
- as a means of stopping nausea and vomiting during pregnancy;
- as an anthelmintic, kills parasitic infections;
- for the treatment of skin diseases and fungal infections, with leukoderma;
- as a means of dissolving kidney stones and gall bladder;
- as an aphrodisiac, to enhance potency, treat sexual weakness;
- with infections of the genitourinary tract, cystitis, whites;
- with cardiovascular diseases;
- to protect the liver, with hepatitis;
- as an antimalarial agent;
- with colic, bloating, flatulence;
- as a painkiller and anti-inflammatory agent;
- as a means of normalizing estrogen levels;
- with diabetes, normalizes blood sugar;
- to lower blood cholesterol;
- to quench thirst, in a state where you are thirsty all the time;
- to improve vision, with eye diseases, inflammation;
- with dysentery;
- with hemorrhoids.
It is part of Purin ultra, Midona ultra, Suhasini ultra, Safaya ultra, Esinorm ultra, Amiripash ultra.